After our playdate, we grab a quick lunch and then head to Emily's Chinese class w Helen LaoShi. These classes have probably been the best investment we've made as far as classes. We absolutely love all of the teachers we've had and they have all tried to incorporate the Chinese culture in their lessons, as well as the language. One day while we were driving somewhere, Emily asked me if it was September. I told her that it was and then I tried to say the date in Chinese. Well, I have yet to be able to correctly pronounce "month" and "day" in Chinese and I kept saying it over and over. Finally, I hear Emily's little voice in the backseat say "Mommy, you're not very good at Chinese." Little stinker!
Following Chinese class, we often go shopping (shhhh!) or lately, we've been hitting the library alot. Emily loves to sit at the computer table and play Dora games, and she loves to pick out her own books. Mom often gets books as well, but lately has been returning them three weeks later unread. I used to love to read (and still do), but lately I can't get thru 2 pages w/o nodding off:(













3 comments:
I think you are very good at Chinese! I can learn from you that's for sure.
We love our Fridays too:) Great pictures and great idea to visit the library. Looks like Emily is enjoying herself. Kamryn and I need to take advantage of the local library more often.
"Mommy, you're not very good at Chinese."
If that is the worst thing she ever says to you, you're doing alright. I was called a doofus the other day. (Probably a term of endearment of some sort).
Love the pic of her in the library - she is really concentrating!!!
It was a lovely day at the park - we love being with our playgroup friends! And don't worry, your Mandarin is coming along well!
Post a Comment