It's my mom's birthday today and over the weekend, we went to my sister's for a little party for her. Emily decided she wanted to paint one of her now signature birdhouses for her...
My mom is a huge Cubs fan, so despite the fact that they won't be in the World Series (again), I made her a nice warm fleece blanket (I have the blisters on my hands to prove it)...
We laid kind of low on Sunday and made some homemade cinnamon applesauce...
Emily wasn't crazy about the applesauce, but had fun helping. She's put in a special request for apple pie. Hmm, that sounds good right now -- warm apple pie with cinnamon ice cream!













2 comments:
Wow - the crafting award goes to you and Em!!! Looks like she enjoyed making her bird house, and your Cubs blanket is great!!!
Love the apple peeler too! It definitely is time for warm apple pie and for applesauce!
I'd say that you had a very creative weekend. Love the photos of Em working on her special birdhouse. I bet Grammy loved it. Beautiful. And your blanket turned out great- maybe she can use it to get through the winter seeing they left us heartbroken again.
So fun that Em and mommy can be creative together.
Post a Comment