Sunday, August 10, 2008

Almost Perfect Weather




With one exception, the weather cooperated for us this weekend, and we were able to enjoy the outdoors.  On Saturday, Daddy took Emily to the small lake in our subdivision to go fishing.  Emily was so excited as Daddy had just bought her her very own fishing pole (Barbie).  They hiked on down to their special fishing spot and no sooner did they get started, then it started to rain.  Not just a little drizzle, but an all out downpour!  I hopped in the car and drove down to the entrance of the nature preserve, expecting them to come running out of the wildflowers any minute, but they never came.  So I went back home and got on my bike and rode out to where I thought they'd be.  Sure enough, Emily was standing under a tree, partially soaked.  She took one look at me and whined "Mommy, I want to go home."  Sorry Daddy, she's a girlie girl!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Oh so sad she didn't get to go fishing this time. Her daddy will have to try taking her again when there is absolutely no threat of rain:) The Barbie fishing pole is a great girlie girls way of trying out the sport!

Welcome to the land of bloggers! Your blog looks terrific!

Kerry said...

Love Love your blog. And so looking forward to following the Adventures of Emily. Your cutie pie is so sweet.

Beautiful blog design- love your kit choice.

Cherie said...

Hi Kristen & Emily ~
I enjoyed your journey to becoming
"Forever Family" but this blog is Awesome!!! You have a mesmorized viewer here. Your Mommy loves you more than words could express. You are loved by soooooo many.
Hugs and Kisses ~
Aunt Cherie

Julie said...

Kristen,
Love the blog. Fancy, Fancy. Look at Emily in the splits on the teeter totter. Is she the next olympic gold medalist. I think the US needs some help. Hope to see you soon.
Julie

Twice Blessed China Mom said...

Kristin, the blog looks so nice! I hope you have as much fun with yours as I'm having with ours! It is so fun to see where people are from who somehow find their way to our little piece of the world! Someone from Brazil just found us!