Sunday, February 22, 2009

We're in Disney!


I know I'm soooo far behind on posts and I promise to catch up on Chinese New Year, Emily's 4th birthday and a spa party our playgroup recently had. But I had a little free time now, and before I forget everything we did, I'm gonna post about Disney.

The night before we left, I was in urgent care w Emily because she was complaining about a sore throat and developed a cough. Thankfully, her strep test came back negative and she was diagnosed with a cold. Our flight out was yesterday. It had snowed some overnite and into the morning, so our flight was a little delayed--they had to run their band of snowplows down the runway and de-ice the wings again before we took off. It was kind of windy too, so we encountered some uncomfortable moments just after take off, but that was only momentary. This first picture is of Emily as we were waiting for our luggage--she really was quite the trooper.


We're staying w friends from college who have a 9 yr old daughter and a 4 yr old daughter who they adopted from China a few months prior to us adopting Emily.

Today, was our first actual day at Disney. You may wonder why I'm posting from the Happiest Place in the World, but we spent the entire day at the Animal Kingdom and are winding down tonite before our early morning breakfast at Cinderella's castle. That, and Emily still has a bothersome cough and Ron has a cold too! We got a fairly late start this morning, as this was the first morning we've been able to sleep in in a long time! With Emily's bday being just a few days ago, she was given a Happy Birthday button to wear, and she was greeted with "Happy Birthday, Emily!" throughout the park. We went to "A Bugs Life" which she hated, the African Safari which she enjoyed and "Finding Nemo, the musical" which she really enjoyed. Her favorite part, however, was taking pictures with the various characters. Sadly, we missed Pocohontas.





Tomorrow, we're off to the Magic Kingdom.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Your pictures are WONDERFUL!!! (I so need a new camera) Glad to hear that your flight wasn't delayed too much. I bet Emily is loving the happy birthday greetings. Enjoy the Magic Kingdom!

Sue said...

Hooray!!!! So glad you didn't have major delays and that you had a fun first day!!! Hope E and R are feeling better now and I know you will have lots of terrific pics of your little princess at the breakfast! Have a super week!!!

Kerry said...

Loving your photos- looks like Em is having a blast.

Beautiful last photo- she is clearly taking it all in.

Chris said...

Yay! You made it! Looks like you are all having such a great time!

Julie said...

Kristen,
Love the last photo. The focus just on Em and her amazement...priceless.